Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 April 2010

Playful patchwork



A new kind of patchwork has arrived as patterns are mixed with block colour to create a playful composition, whilst retaining a sense of elegance with the clasp fastening.

Doing a spot of market research for my own project - seeing this quirky three-dimensional bag sparked ideas of how I could utilise my own found materials in such an inventive way. Wrapping, tying and stitching down loosely - this creates surface relief that resembles the individual petals of a rose. Whilst this might be quite an obvious visual translation - I would like to experiment with creating cut pieces and layering them up to create three-dimensional surface qualities that are more concerned with texture than representing an image.

Although I very much doubt that these are the scraps from Accessorize's factory waste, - it's a lovely thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment