Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 June 2010

Sample This!

As our our Textile Design degree shows comes to a close I want to mark the occasion by congratulating all of my fellow, super talented students! I am so proud to have been a part in such a successful exhibition & here are a few personal highlights...

Daisy Thomas' work is so incredibly beautiful - adorning sumptuous fabrics in vintage brooches and clusters of beads - I love her pretty colour combinations and the lustrous qualities of her embroidery.

As for print - Kezia Regan's eclectic use of bold colour and imagery is reminiscent of Eley Kishmoto and Marc Jacobs, whilst retaining a sense of individuality with her innovative use of processes.

Rosie Moss' laser-cut lights and folkloric prints also inspired me as they reminded me of old-fashioned fables and traditional Scandinavian textiles.


More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment