Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 August 2011

The art of the everyday...



Time for a random post which is, oddly enough, about my daily commute back from Tottenham Court Road...

Everyday I stand & look at this space on the platform & think to myself how interesting & oddly beautiful it is, so I figured it was about time to record it. Of course, you might not agree with me here but what grabs my attention is the random mark making & negative space which takes on a narrative of its own. As adverts have been continuously torn down, it has left what should be an eye sore, yet to me this is like a little piece of history which looks like a 3D collage - layers of paper and concrete are peeled away to reveal little sections of brick work. The result? A flawed piece of the underground that stands as a piece of art in itself.

There, I've said it now x

No comments:

Post a Comment