Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 August 2011

York's Antique Treasure Trove

After graduating from an Art & Design course - I vowed never to try & draw again (even though, according to my ever optimistic tutors, I had mark making ability... just in more of an abstract kind of way!) This has been the only place that I have visited recently which has sparked even the thought of getting out my sketchbook again...



Crammed full of interesting compositions & quirky objects, I hadn't visited York's treasure trove of antique furniture & interior relics for over a year & so, popping in yesterday felt like a brand new experience all over again. From spindle legged chairs and cabinets, to elaborately upholstered chaise longues - this is the only place you will find horse saddles hanging alongside one-of-a-kind glass chandeliers.



Retro crockery stacked upon framed tapestries; ornate brooches are presented amongst war memorabilia whilst vintage telephones are set amongst kitsch ornaments on glass shelves. There is simply something for everyone in Banana Warehouse and it only makes me even more excited about dressing up my house - when I eventually own one! x

No comments:

Post a Comment