Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Urban inspiration



After a super long bank holiday, which included a lot of relaxing and leisurely browsing time at numerous charity shops, I thought it necessary to blog about just a few of the things that have inspired me over this past week.

Usually, I'm not one for stopping & staring at graffitied walls - but a stroll from Columbia Road to Broadway Market did just that last week. There was something about that stroll that felt very characteristic & almost like I'd stepped into a public doodle pad with walls transformed into over-sized collages that didn't quite fit together - I think it was the incongruent nature of these two particular murals that caught my eye. Again, like the peeling paint work of the London Underground, it's the layers and the idea of different spaces of time being merged together which inspires me.

In short, I love the cut & pasted visual elements... Perhaps I should get more into decoupage!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment